Its this time of year that just makes training more in the forefront of our minds.
With SUMMER just round the corner most of you will probably have booked holidays or about to so its a great time to up your game and not let old bad habits slip back into our daily lives.
One simple methodology for greater fat loss can be implemented into our lifestyles RIGHT THIS SECOND!! is increased hydration.
I’m talking about water. Pure, simple water.
Before you scoff at this idea, check if you’re dehydrated. Sadly as much as 75% of adults suffer from mild, chronic dehydration, a condition that dramatically works against your weight 1oss efforts.
Here is why water consumption must be at the top of your list in your quest for a fit, healthy and athletic body…
Water does all that?
Though you probably don’t think about it often, water is the most essential element, next to air, to your survival. The simple combination of two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen makes up more than two thirds of your body and is involved in a host of bodily functions that we routinely take for granted.
Just to name a few:
- Water works to regulate the thermal condition of your body
- Water serves as a lubricant in your joints
- Water helps flush toxins from your blood
- Water gives your skin a clear, glowing complexion
- Water assists with digestion, pulling all the usable nutrients out of foods
- Water aides in disease prevention (Drinking 8 glasses a day has shown to reduce your chance of colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%)
What about fitness and fat-1oss?
You’ve probably heard that you need to drink plenty of water in order to drop bodyfat, but did you ever wonder why? What does water have to do with decreasing your bad food choices and increasing your activity level in an effort to shed pounds of unwanted body fat?
1. Water is a natural appetite suppressant
Fill your stomach with a glass of water before each meal and you will find that you portion controol is much easier to manage. This also works on snacking throughout the day, keep hydrated all day long and watch as your desire to snack decreases.
2. Water increases your body’s ability to efficiently metabolize fat
This process begins with your kidneys receiving enough water to function at their peak, which in turn helps your liver reach optimal efficiency in removing toxins and waste from your blood. With your liver working at maximum capacity, fat will be metabolized at a higher rate. This means a decrease in your overall body fat. (And who doesn’t want that?)
3. Water is the perfect substitute for high calorie beverages
Want to super-charge your fitness results this summer? Well, this is the most effective way to utilize water toward your beach body efforts. Unfortunately most of the UK consume more than their share of calorie-packed beverages. Sugar enhanced smoothies, shakes, frozen mochas, soft drinks…you get the idea. When you trade your high calorie beverages in for a tall glass of water you will expedite your results in a major way.
The Other Side of the Story…
Now you know that drinking sufficient amounts of water will help you reach your fitness goals faster than ever, but you should also know that failing to drink enough water comes with serious consequences…
- Your body will shift into “preserve” mode—which means you will store more fat.
- Bodily functions will slow—leading to an overall decrease in energy levels.
- Headaches will become an expected nuisance—your brain is over 70% water.
To avoid dehydration check out the following 5 Hydration Tips:
Hydration Tip #1: Caffeinated beverages—such as coffee, soft drinks or energy drinks—cause your body to lose water. Stick to unsweetened coffee and teas and after you enjoy a dose of caffeine replace the lost water by drinking 2 times that amount in water.
Hydration Tip #2: Add a slice of lemon to your water to spice things up.
Hydration Tip #3: Always carry water with you throughout your day—keep a bottle on you, at your workplace and next to your bed.
Hydration Tip #4: Exercise and hot summer days both increase your body’s water requirements—make a mental note to drink before, during and after exercise or while out on a hot day.
Hydration Tip #5: Make it a habit to begin your day with a large glass of water then drink a glass before each meal and one between meals.
Bonus Tip - The Key to efficient fat loss is following the three Golden Fat Loss Rules.
- Nutrition - This doesn’t mean diet…. Far from it and in most cases improving your nutrition will mean eating more than you are used to. Get your nutrition sorted to not only fuel your workouts, help with recovery and give you energy in abundance “Abs are Made in The KITCHEN!
- Weight Training - Don’t worry this doesn’t mean I want you lifting to look like big ARNY, however the more we you use resistance training to build muscle – the faster your metabolism will be leading to accellerated fat loss – this can be usning your own bodyweight, freeweights and unconventional tools of which if you have ever seen any videos of the Fight Camps in action you’ll see we at Fight Camp have an abundance of d;-)
- Cardiovascular Training *But the Right type. – Lets be honest cardio if its done for long durations are boring and the return on investment especially if fat loss is your goal, isn’t what you expect for the time you put in – Thats why the CV work that needs to be done for accellerated fat loss is much more intense but for shorter durations meaning less time spent but more bang for your buck.
The combination of these three rules is a sure fire way to get you in the best shape of your life and drastically improve your health and wellbeing.
Still unsure of how to effectively use these 3 rules? Why not let the Fight Camp Team help you with your training and nutrition by jumping on to our next set of camps that begin the 2ND OF JUNE. The camps are six week blocks and we deal with every aspect of your training, nutrition and recovery.
With an early morning camp and an evening camp there really is a time that will suit. Email info @ fightcamp.org for more details or to reserve your spot.